Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Upcoming...

Here's what's coming up for all of us missionaries out here at Covecrest:

Tomorrow, we start planning for the 8th grade retreat we're leading for 4 different groups between now and the end of October. It's called "Mission: Possible," and is all about God's love and spreading that love in your daily life. It should be really exciting, because it's the first "big" project we'll all be working on together. The first group gets here next Wednesday, so it's not a lot of time to prepare, but I think we can do it!

This Friday, we have 2 more groups coming up to camp: a Confirmation program with a little over 100 teens, and a sorority group of about 60. Keep them in your prayers as they seek God here! We'll actually be pretty involved with the Confirmation program; they want us to lead some prayer groups, and we'll also be leading praise and worship. And when I say "we," I'm including myself (which is a little bit scary for me, but Reggie's being very supportive...).

This weekend, we're also starting our outreach to one of the two local parishes whose youth ministry programming we'll be a part of this year. Half of us will be heading out to St. Francis parish on Sunday to meet with their Core and get a feel for what we'll be doing this coming year.

Formation is still going strong for us missionaries; right now, we're talking about the Father heart of God.

And, of course, we have to finish filling in the ditch in the road leading up to the families' houses.

So, as you can see, we're busy, busy, busy here at Covecrest! Thanks for all your prayers, and as always, let me know if there's any way we can pray for you here at camp. Love and God bless!

4 comments:

The Murphinator said...

Sounds like they chose the perfect candidate to get the job done. I'm sure the BK teens will agree...those St Francis kids are truly blessed.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that your time there has been so fruitful! But what should I expect when you have continued to keep yourself attached the Divine Vine (John 15:1-4)! I'm so glad that God has placed you in a well-set, spiritually-based community. Sounds like you have some good elbow grease being put into the camp too!

In all, I pray that you continue to see the fruits of your ministry because I can sure see the bunches of graces hanging from your heart!

And keep up the great blogs, it gives me something to smile about, knowing that God is so fully revealed in your missionary work.

I have one request. I ask that you and your community might pray for me to find a similar community in this new city and St. Luke's.

I miss you very much and still need your address to send you stuff! Love much!

RJ said...

The Murphinator said it well and I agree with him. I know you probably carried a lot of what you experienced here at BKLT to St.Francis kids. You have so many amazing gifts that God gave you which I know you were able to share with the youth this past week. God Bless D!

God Bless
RJ

Deacon Bob said...

Danielle, you are truly in the right place. The teens of St. Francis are blessed to have you in their midst, as all of us at BKT have been for so many years. Now it is time for you to take your gifts and share them with those far from home - a true missionary call. I pray for you every day.